Using The iPad for Presentations is a Cinch with Sock Puppets
Sock Puppet is a fantastic app – students can re-create a scene from history by scripting a play and recording their voice! This app allows students to make the actions with the characters they have chosen – record and play back, save their play or performance. It's a fun way to evaluate their understanding of a concept! You can also have students give their book report using the sock puppets!
Getting Started with Sock Puppets
- .Click the “New” button to begin a new puppet show.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to choose the desired puppets, backgrounds, and props.
- Use the buttons at the top to start and stop the recording, to save and share, and to navigate the app:
- To record a show:
a. Click the red circle.
b. Hold your finger on a puppet, talk, and move the puppet around.
c. Repeat, touching each puppet as you want it to “speak.”
d. Click the “square” button to stop the recording.
- When you’re done recording, you can:
a. Click the “Share” button to upload it to YouTube.
b. Click the “Save” button for replay on the iPad.
Political debate - After downloading the FREE app from iTunes and purchasing the Policapack through the in-app store for just 99 cents, users can animate their favorite candidates, and then lip-sync their voices to come up with live action political cartoons. This is a great way for people of all ages to experience, learn, and engage politics.
- Use it for a guidance lesson on 'Character Counts' lesson
- Explaining a Science Concept
- Retelling a history event
- Explaining a recipe
- Famous Person Biography
- Reading an original poem or story
- Explaining a "How To" segment.
- Animal report